I know you must be thinking that this is the ugliest Polyvore set I ever made but hear me out. The picture depicts some of the pieces that I will never wear in public. I'm not saying that they are ugly, I'm just saying that they are not very "me". Everyone has different styles so I'm not hating on you if you wear these particular items. It's purely my personal opinion of a particular style/item.
1. Hunter rainboots - They do not sleek at all. They look cute in the smaller sizes (like 5 or 6) but look pretty manly in my size (I'm an 8). I wish they made them with a smaller toe box and a flatter heel. I like how you can accessorize them with the sock opinion.
2. Plaid shirts - This face does not suit a plaid shirt period. It makes me look like a cowgirl (ew to that entire western/cowgirl look) and it's too casual for my liking. Plaid probably hates me.
3. Denim shorts with leggings/tights - What's worse is medium to light denim shorts (add rips for extra horror) with dark leggings and tights. This look is TOTALLY contradictory to me (denim shorts = casual summer time apparel and dark leggings/tights = polished and sleek look). WHY? You might as well do one or the other, not both. I'll let darker denim shorts (no rips please) with dark leggings/tights pass. Also, dark colours like: dark blue and purple shorts with dark leggings/tights shall receive a pass. The best combination is black or dark grey shorts with black leggings/tights with black shoes of course. This latter look is more seamless and it looks more polished and not as discombobulated.
4. Hoodies - Only for the gym or going to the boyfriends house please. Nothing makes an outfit super casual like a hoodie. If you consider yourself a fashionista, I doubt you would be selecting an athletic hoodie as your first choice for your outfit (designer hoodies with awesome cuts do not apply). Hoodies are okay for guys though.
5. Colourful tights - Do you ever see me in bright anything? What makes you think I would wear bright red or purple tights? My boyfriend has more pink than I do LOL. The only bright clothing I'd consider is a bright top, blouse or tank (paired with all black to make that particular colour pop of course). Or perhaps a bright coloured bag or shoe with a monochromatic outfit. My rule of thumb, one bright item in an outfit is more than enough.
What are some fashion items that you guys absolutely will not wear?