Talula Babaton Howell peacoat, Fiore tights, H&M wool shorts, Forever 21 sweater, Louis Vuitton Trevi pm and Zara booties
Suspender tights are so eye catching and unique. I haven't seen many people wear them in Vancouver yet. I only know of me and 2 of my other girl friends who rock this style. I'm addicted to it and I'm going to have a total of 4 pairs soon!
When worn right, the suspender tights adds a little sex appeal to compliment a sleek outfit. Suspender tights look best when you are dressed modestly on top (i.e blazer, sweater, blouse, cardigan - nothing that shows a lot of skin) so at the bottom is where the outfit makes the grand statement. However, it's very easy to look like trash if you pair these tights to the wrong outfit.
Here are some pictures I found on the internet:
NO! Don't wear that out please, it burns my eyes.
(shorts are too short obviously)
(put some pants on please)
(left: shoes are too casual and dress isn't conservative enough/ right: outfit is almost okay except for dress is too low cut)
YES! Awesome outfits.
(very sleek and sexy - yay! suspender tights done right)
The Dos and Don'ts of Suspender Tights:
- Do wear them with dark & sleek shorts
- Do make sure your top is not longer than your shorts (or else it looks like you are not wearing any bottoms)
- Do wear them with dark ankle booties, pumps, and boots
- Don't wear them with open toed/strappy shoes (looks like a street walker)
- Don't pair them with light denim shorts (looks grungy/too casual) but dark denim should be okay
- Do wear suspender tights at night and I guess it could be okay to wear them in the day depending how you style it
You can buy suspender tights at:
- Urban Outfitters
- Stylish Fox
- other websites, just research the various brands: Fiore, House of Holland and Pretty Polly